Epiphany 2009 : Galette 0.63 out of oven !!!
The Galette Team is glad to announce the release of Galette 0.63!
For those who don't know Galette yet, it is a Project to manage the members of your association. Galette is a Free software, licensed under the GPL licence. In French, Galette means Extremely Sophisticated but so Efficient On-Line Membership Manager (in French, a "Galette" is a sort of cake, usually French people eats the "Galette des rois" for the Epiphany).
Here are the updates for the new version:
- Added transaction management,
- Added dynamic fields management, to add more fields and to translate their labels easily,
- Members can now self subscribe to your association,
- Use of the Smarty template engine, for which the rewriting of all the html pages as compliant XHTML was necessary,
- Update ADODB 4.7.1 to 4.9.2,
- Use of gettext for translations,
- Added Spanish translation (the translation is not yet over),
- It is now possible to upload a personal logo,
- So much bugs corrections.
The packaged installation program allows you to update your previous Galette version. The update is then much more easy to achieved.
You can now download the latest version from: http://download.gna.org/galette/galette-0.63.tgz
Here are some links that may be useful:
In case of problem, you can report bugs through the Gna! interface.
If you are interested in the projet, feel free to join Galette's development team!
I would like to thank all the development team, who made this 0.63 version possible, and I would like to thank Tuxfamily (web hosting service) as well as Gna! (source code repository, tasks, bugs and chat user interface). I also want to thank all the person who have tested this version again and again and which allowed us to correct some unexpected problems.
The very kind Galette Development Team.
A bogue has been discovered upgrading to Galette 0.63 : http://galette.tuxfamily.org/en/doku.php?id=documentation:knownbugs#update_to_galette_0.63